Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conserve Water Campaign Poster


Hey everyone, above is a campaign poster for a particular contest that can be seen here. It involves an issue in Southern England regarding water conservation. I was astounded to learn that in that region the amount of water available per person is less than the Sudan and Syria! I was not eligible to submit for the contest but this one interested me greatly. I attempted to show the Earth as a sponge that a human hand is wringing out and that water conservation and monitoring are necessary so it can remain a renewable resource for all. 

I utilized the perspective grid tool for the 'H20' text (in Illustrator) and a neat trick to have it appear as if water was spilled on your work. I did this in Photoshop by creating a new layer and using the brush tool, I painted some spots... then > filter > distort > wave (altered a few settings) and then opened 'layer style' to add a drop shadow and bevel. Created the background, Earth and arm in Illustrator utilizing a live trace, the pen tool and gradient tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment